Looking forward to the full game! :-)
Any idea yet when it will come out?
The Life Ruby
A downloadable game for Windows
What is this game?
The Life Ruby is a platformer game that unfolds like a "Metroidvania" instead of being "level by level" like the classic Super Mario game. There's also the Challenge Mode that is completely different, a mode where your skills will be put to the test in a succession of quick and challenging levels ala Super Meat Boy / League Of Evil.
What you can test...
- The 2 first zones of the game in Adventure Mode.
- The first 4 levels in Challenge mode
- The tutorial level
- Controller support
- Menus, saving, options, performance adjustment system, etc.
- There's no sound effects yet and music is placeholder
I would love to hear any opinions / suggestions / general feedback!
What's the plan for the full game?
- More than 6 zones in Adventure Mode
- 8 Challenge levels in each world corresponding to each Adventure Mode zones
- 16 different power ups and new abilities
- Bosses, early 16-bit graphics and lots of secrets
Have fun and don't be shy on feedback!
|Made with||GameMaker: Studio|
|Tags||16-bit, 2D, chiptune, Exploration, GameMaker, Metroidvania, Pixel Art, skill-platformer|
|Average session||A few minutes|
|Inputs||Xbox controller, Gamepad (any), Playstation controller|